Monday, August 21, 2006

More on my relationship to objects

I have written before about how I hate things in the physical world. Here are a few bullet points about how they return my affections.

  • Destroyed my old lawnmower going over a big root. Should not have been going over that root, but I had to get the grass behind it and hate the weedwacker passionately, though I bought it at a yard sale for 5 bucks. 7 with the extension cord.
  • Bought new lawnmower (same as old) at Lowe's, just in time for Georgian cookout.
  • Mowed before cookout. Grass was wet.
  • Went on vacation.
  • Came back, need to mow yard. Lawnmower will not start.
  • Took to neighbors who race go-karts. They promise to fix ("it will be fun!"). Mow with theirs.
  • They do not fix it. In fact, they take it apart no more than I had. Advise taking back to Lowe's.
  • I take lawnmower back to my yard.
  • Weatherman promises rain.
  • Put lawnmower in Subaru to take to Lowe's.
  • Drive to work. Minor fumes.
  • Go to take colleague to Audi dealer. By now fumes are major.
  • Get headache while driving.
  • Dump lawnmower back in yard.
  • Deliver colleague to dealer.
  • Return to work. Minor fumes still there.
  • Brain recovers somewhat.
  • Write blog

No comments: