Wednesday, October 05, 2005

A fine grind

Caught up in cycle of mild boredom, precious little to blog about. As I've said before, walking to work is delightful, but I see the same things every day: that woman with horn-rimmed glasses who I could swear hung out at the Anchor in New Haven in the 80s. The couple of homeless guys. A bunch of Passats and Volvos.

Then there's work. Work. OK, we just pretty much sold another big chunk of work. That just assures more of the same, from a blog perspective.

Those who draw a connection between blogging and insomnia have a point. I've been up since 5 over here, for no really good reason other than I'm in the habit of doing so. And it's a good time to write, if there's something to write about.

Reading Elizabeth Kolbert's series of New Yorker pieces on global warming now, having recovered all three of them from the deep archives of magazines on our bedside tables (going back to late 2004, in some cases). Scary stuff. Arming myself to better argue with conservative thumper ostriches.

Mary hassling me about my weight.
"Boss" hassling me about my team not billing enough hours.
Graham has started calling many people big and small by name. And, at bedtime, he furrows his brow, looks me in the eye, and says "One more book. Last book."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's wrong with your weight? (I need people to help me look good.)

And if the job gets done, and the client is happy, and the team isn't burned out, then the billable hours are perfect. If you didn't have so many bosses I would go talk mess him up for you... just not sure which one...

Anonymous said...

I would have responded sooner to the posting on southern accents but ma and pa just sold the pig to get this here computer. My cousin has a southern accent and I am still going to marry her, so I am offended by those comments. You have a nice blog. Did you know you can buy cipro on the internet?

Anonymous said...

Your blog sure is perty. Do you know for no cost you can receive ZDB t-shirts and caps. New beanies are now available to keep your melon warm while you stroll to work. Blog on my brother!

Anonymous said...

Speaking of a fine grind did you know you can buy penis enlargement pills on the internet?