Thursday, October 20, 2005

Big Mac legislation

House passes bill to block class-action lawsuits against fast-food firms on obesity charges.

"As one judge put it, if a person knows or should know that eating copious orders of super-sized McDonald's products is unhealthy and could result in weight gain, it is not the place of the law to protect them from their own excesses," said Rep. James Sensenbrenner, Wisconsin Republican.

I might be half-inclined to agree with him if he didn't sound like such a smug bastard. People should know that smoking is bad for them, yet they do it. God, I can't get started on this argument. The long and short of it is that Republicans will argue for anything so long as it benefits their deep-pocketed corporate bunkmates.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hell, Scoble, read the first comment
I was forced out of my usual reading routine today by some notable failures in the system.
Hello, you have made yourself a great blog! I'm immediately going to bookmark you!
I have good news at get rich for you to see. It is showing you a whole lot! You are invited to check it out if you get time :-)