Thursday, June 09, 2005

It's hot and muggy...

and I really don't feel like blogging today. Am cast today in the role of corporate whipping boy, supposed to be pushing a one of my client's partners into getting on board with our project. But the partner lacks motivation and staff to do so. What are we gonna do, move the book of business? Much much easier said than done.

So I've gotta be Mr. Corporate manipulator guy, simultaneously polite and firm, direct and twisted, with a remote party that really could care not much less. It's really not a role that comes naturally. Perhaps because I've so little taste for power, I'm not all that good at faking it.

I've similarly not mastered the role of disciplined parent. If Natalie pushes my buttons. I pretty reflexively either threaten to take something away from her and/or snap or yell. Not really the ideal thing to do, I know, but somehow I' m less good with the setting policy and stand by it thing. I guess I'll have to work on that more when she starts moving towards real trouble.

No comments: