Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Slow day

Graham up again at 5:15, plus have actual work to do, so groggy.

Did a quick troll of various media sites looking for something to be wryly smarter than, could do no better than the seeming incongruity of some poor hostage in Iraq between black masked thugs with guns, with a banner ad below it of an absurdly busty bikinied Victoria's Secret model at (shockingly) Fox News. Normally I would fear that putting in link to a top level domain would mean that the content would shift quickly, so the reference wouldn't make sense. Given the target, I'm not all that worried today. There'll always be something ridiculous at Fox.

Actually, just went back to Fox and found the breasty woman had been replaced first by Billy Graham, then by "Family Values," a banner for Ameriquest mortgage, ETrade, Lenscrafters, and on subsequent reloads by various tax preparers, IQ tests, and other mortgage shovellers. In other words, my first sighting was really just a little ironic serendipity from Doubleclick.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

I made it to 40, dude.

I can't believe it, really.

I don't feel old at all is the good thing. I'm sure you don't either.