Thursday, April 14, 2005

The Big 39, for better or worse

Yes, in the natural rhythm of things, my birthday has come back around, after 364 other days in a row. Lets review some of the goods, bads, and the uglies of the day.

Good

  • It's my birthday
  • Delicious meal at Ethiopean restaurant last night
  • Graham is crossing a threshhold with speaking. We're pretty sure he's said a few words beyond "mamamamama" and "dadadadada", including "up" and other stuff too
  • Natalie is learning to swim
  • Graham has mastered coming down the stairs
  • Natalie may have passed the worst of her psychotic clinginess and noisemaking
  • Graham has been cured of his mullet. Cute new haircut.
  • Spring has sprung: Witherspoon Street is awash in blooms
  • Large project has sold, meaning a nice bonus for me and accolades and protection from various evildoers and I can walk to work for a while
  • Other good stuff I'm not talking about on the blog
    (available for select individual distribution)
Bad
  • There's nothing that's bad but not ugly
Ugly
  • My project involves building a system
  • Spring having sprung, Graham has a fit when we try to bring him in from outside
  • I have a rash. It's itchy. It's hell. Hard to sleep.
  • I'm wearing a suit.
  • The bastards are going to tear down the trees across our back fence any day, and it will become a construction site for butt-ugly houses.

No comments: