Monday, April 23, 2007

Attitude

"Early" in the morning today was feeling my usual grouchy self, but when I took time to pull back the curtaines and put the chair pillows back on the bed I felt instantly more positive, and effect light and order sometimes have on me.

Over the weekend gossip filtered back about a woman who, upon taking possession of her dream home (hell, we all like the house in our hood) went on and on bitching about how dirty the previous occupant had left it, how their timeline for renovations was blown, blah blah blah. I mean, it's one of the houses house envy is made for and of, and blah blah blah.

Which is all to say that it's astounding how important attitude is to one's experience, and how hard and easy it is to control attitude. It's hard, because it is, and easy, because there's often something you can do if you remember to do it. And there's the rub.

No comments: