Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Guys walking with books

Our neighborhood is packed to the gills with professors from the colleges around here. Always has been, I hope it always will be. One of the great things that brings with it is eccentric walkers, including the guys with books.

There's one guy, pretty sure he's Bulgarian because I met him one time at a lake social. He seems to work at Fidelity because he's always got on a Fidelity T-shirt, which would make him like me some kind of lapsed academic. He always has a nice paperback of some sort.

Today there was a guy walking around with a hardcover book. He passed me twice while I was mowing the yard, meaning he was doing loops on the Markham Drive hill, not for the faint of heart. Later I ran around the lake and he passed me going the other way when I rounded the bend onto South Lake Shore. Still reading. Gotta admire that.

No comments: