Saturday, September 05, 2020

Shifting up

 After a quick gander back, I'm surprised to see that it's been a full week since I last posted, but what are you going to do? I've been busy.

What with new clients coming in the door, political season heating up (ramping up for my upcoming and still-evolving Zoom fundraiser for Josh Stein -- sign up here , my ever-intensifying tennis war ith my man Z, and the keep up a disciplined schedule of watching TV with Graham and start re-reading The Brother Karamazov (in the Pevear/Volokhonsky translation for the first time) after a 35-year hiatus, I have been staying out of trouble.

I continue to spend as much time out on the screened-in porch as possible. My whole being seems to appreciate the fresh air. This morning it actually seemed a little chilly out there, which makes me on the one hand excited to get on my bike and ride, but also slightly apprehensive about the cold weather and the adjustments I'll need to make to my biking then. It's not just the wind chill, but the shortening days that make riding harder in winter. When the son is out till 8, it's much easier to justify spending 3 hours of sunlight on a bike. I know I'm going to have to do more running, which is much easier when it's colder, but lacks the sense of adventure and exploration that biking provides. It's just so much harder to range further on foot. Then again, I know that there are in fact neighborhoods that I haven't explored all that well while running, ones that aren't that far away, I just have to remember to get out and explore them.

No comments: