Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Busy busy

The very attentive amongst you, the truly dedicated readers, will likely have noted that I have upped the speed with which I am posting of late. The key is that I noticed my post rate was running a little low for June, something which I realized I really had to rectify to keep up my annual numbers.

Alas, my head is by now pretty much entirely taken up with business, a very large fish having swum across my desk in the last couple of days. I am angling for her now, burnishing my tackle box, trolling around in my boat in the comeliest of manners, hoping to attract her affections. We shall see.

No but seriously, the coal mine calls. Talk to you next month.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, if you can keep this pace up you'll have your biggest year since 2010

Anonymous said...

As a brash, young rookie you produced great numbers with a late season call up in 2004. 2005 was an MVP year with ridiculous production followed by 3 all star years where you found your groove. 2009 had a slight downturn in production and then 2010 dropped off a little more. Still these were solid years by most standards. Then, in 2011, you became a solid role player (Doherty, Green, Theo) followed by 8 years of similar role player production. Your longevity is impressive and you've also become more coachable.