Friday, May 10, 2019

The road

Apologies, my readers, for the deafening silence of the last week. It has been long and full as I've worked my way up the coast: DC, New York, Larchmont, New Haven, Boston. Tomorrow I retrieve my girl from the City of Elms, and we will rocket back down the coast more rapidly, as she will be missing her cats rather intensely, and Sunday is, after all Mothers' Day, and we must fulfill its claims. Next week should be a good deal better.

The big news this week was that Graham got a 100 on a math test, after having performed much less well on one a few weeks back. Which freaked him out quite a bit. So we hunkered down together and I helped him learn his trig, including 90 minutes on the phone before bedtime Tuesday night as we prepped him for the test. Which was not as entertaining as The Wire, but is much more edifying. I'm durned proud of the boy.

No comments: