Friday, May 03, 2019

Inbox

There have been times that I looked at my email inbox despondently, it was dominated by stuff that was sent to me automatically by marketers, and I was made to feel alone by the fact that there wasn't much in there from individual human beings that I knew and liked. I suppose I should first thank Microsoft and Google as well for figuring out how to sort inboxes into different types of mail. That has been helpful.

The more important change has happened in my business and in my engagement with what I am doing. Right now I look at my inbox and see email from people that I like and love, some of them clients, some of them prospects. Enough of it, but not too much of it.

More importantly, I can go hours and even days and get none of this good email and be totally cool with it. I don't feel abandoned by the universe. I always have a more than full task list on the little yellow pad eternally perched off my right elbow, full of good thing to do. And that's all I need.

No comments: