Saturday, April 06, 2019

Argument, and procrastination

Mary and I just got in an argument. I am tempted to add details, but that would contravene my policy of not writing about marital strife.

Then, while paying bills, I chanced to look at Natalie's bank account, which had risen since I last looked at it. I must confess to feeling considerable pride looking at her list of transactions and the frugality that they imply. Mostly because I know it's about her being super busy doing cool things, as opposed to squandering money on beer, cheeseburgers and the like, as I did in my day. And I know that she is actually having fun, or at least faking it pretty good.

Then I paid bills, including for a couple of Aflac policies my mom started for me years ago of questionable value. I refreshed my memory of what one of them is for.

It is, in short, remarkable the range of things one can poke one's nose into while trying to procrastinate from doing taxes.

No comments: