Friday, April 25, 2014

Out for a jog

Just went out running to get out in front of thunderstorms threatening this afternoon.  Decided to run up through Cedar Falls Park to check out the new astroturf field.  Looks real nice, though, as the latest ex-officio non-voting member of the Lake Forest Association board (cannot be full voting member, because we are Associate Members by virtue of our house's location in Clark Hills [and I'm not making that subdivision name up]), I wonder about the run-off issues associated with astroturf.

I also noticed that, where there had been an actual brick and mortar bathroom before, there are now only Port-a-Potties.  I would be interested in seeing the numbers they ran to make the decision to tear that bad boy down.  Then again, I'm not interested enough to go look it up.  It is good to be able to delegate that kind of decision-making to public servants.


Now, it has been some time since I have had a musical component to the Grouse, but these guys rock so hard that I've just got to tack this on for those of you who may not have seen me touting it on Facebook.  So good.  Joy.


No comments: