Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Brary

Stopped into the Princeton library at lunch today to pick up... you guessed it, a book. Walked into the lobby cafe and marvelled to see that every single person in there was a woman. Except for the kids. Striking. Though, it's true, they serve tabbouleh and salads and the like, so there's little surprise.

My book was out, but I went to the general area to see if any of the adjacent books might be of interest. They weren't. Then I thought of another one, so I went to one of the computers and logged in. But where's the catalog icon? Not on the desktop, which would be a logical place. It's swell for my tax dollars to support internet access for cardholders, but I just wanted to look something up. Coulda launched a browser and gotten to the catalog over the internet, yeah, but that's a lot of work. The damned server was right through the wall.

Meanwhile, looked around at the mid-day library clientele. A bunch of sour folks, largely, radiating pride that the public domain afforded them such luxury.

Didn't get a book.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Banal, mundane, quotidienne, boring, soporific, inane, dull, meaningless drivel. We want an incoherent rant about your pathetic existence on this blog followed by an ad for male enhancement products!!

Cleric Mikhailovich de Troi said...

Where the hell is your blog, little Engin? I didn't realize neurology offered solutions to male undermeasurement.

Not that I disagree.

Look forward to seeing you. The unenhanced portion of you, at least.

Anonymous said...

Nice blog!