Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Anger Management

As we commence the countdown to my 40th birthday (April 14th, for you the great unwashed who don't know), I'm going to push for greater introspection and the meatier, riskier topics that sometimes get pushed aside in the rush to eat lunch, read a couple of paragraphs, and get back to work.

Today: Anger management. Or, what am I so pissed off about? In the course of my life, there've been a sequence of things that gnarl me. Here's a list of some of the big ones:

  1. Other kids picking on me for being a buck-toothed geek
  2. My mom for pushing me too hard
  3. My dad for being elsewhere, literally and/or figuratively
  4. Myself for making so many irrational decisions that I've had to fight my way back from
  5. My company's management for being so short-term in orientation and for not investing in the growth of the firm or the staff
  6. Myself for not just getting on with things and move past 5
  7. My wife for hassling me about carbs
In truth, I manage my anger relatively well, directing most of it internally. Until, that is, I don't. Not that I get violent or chair-throwing, I just lash out or undercut myself and/or don't sleep.

My 15 minutes are up. For today....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The good news is that you found a good outlet for your anger re: #1 - teatherball in your backyard

Anonymous said...

You are leaving us all hungry for more. I visit your site daily. Lately, I haven't seen any new posts. Give the penis enhancement cream a break and get blogging.