Friday, April 08, 2022

Return of the Devil

Last night there was a fundraiser for Josh and I ate too much. How was I to know that the first table of food was just appetizers which was to be supplemented by more food, in this case some delicious banh mi type things. That was after going out for a team dinner the night before where we went to Osteria Georgi and we ordered more things than we needed, which were then piled onto by the wait staff who brought us extra stuff because Denis is friends with the owner and goes there a lot. Of course I ate the stuff.

My weight -- which may briefly have bottomed out around 167 (for a dehydrated instant, to be sure) in summer 2020 -- has gone back to 180. Yet another indication of how hard it is to maintain discipline.

Then again, I guess it's no news that discipline is hard. If that weren't the case, why would we call it discipline? No reason to wallow in my failures, in fact there's every reason not to. It's the wallowing that is the problem. Much better to press on and keep marking things off my task list, doing the right thing, and pushing through the day with good energy.

No comments: