Saturday, July 21, 2018

Presence

So here I am at the keyboard, with no fixed theme. Another week of swirling, trying to get things done on various fronts. Meeting with a client couple today who are too busy to meet during the week, I am reminded of having to do something for them on another Saturday a year or two back, feeling momentarily resentful of it, and then realizing that I was in fact living the dream, in that I was wearing shorts and flip flops, working with people I loved, in a place I love, etc. And here I am again.

Today it is milder, really I should be checking the weather right about now to make sure that it's not going to rain. But then again, I could just use the gym membership for which I pay but which I use so rarely. Whatever I do, I should try to fold Graham into it. The woman who led the Executive Function workshop he attended this week talked about how important regular exercise and movement was for kids with executive function challenges (read: everybody living in the era of omnipresent screens and connectivity). The problem with that is that exercising with Graham means I have to do something with him for a short while at a low to moderate level of intensity, and then keep going for the same amount of time after I drop him at the house, just to be certain I get enough exercise to justify my ambitious levels of food consumption.

And then there is fundraising. Natalie is up in Roxboro today canvasing with a friend, so proud to see her ramp up her engagement. I need to keep gearing up and getting event sponsors in the door for the two events I am working on over the next 10 weeks.

But it is so quiet. A perfect time to read. And I am in the middle of so many excellent books.

For now, however, there is an article on the Kiddie Tax in the Journal, and the changes that were made to it in the new law that passed in December. And this is pertinent for my 12:30 meeting. So I should read it.

No comments: