Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Heroes

So I continue with the reading of books recommended by my boss that I would never have even considered in earlier life, part of my program of radical submission to a new master.  Most recently, it has been Napoleon Hill's Think and Grow Rich, published in 1937.  It is apparently a classic of capitalist inspirational literature, having sold something like 20 million copies.  And, to be sure, there is much wisdom in it, if also much hokiness.

One interesting point that made me stop and think.  He asks who the reader's heroes are.  And I have to ponder:  who are my heroes?  Beyond Dean Smith, it's tough to say.  Joe Strummer, Mick Jones, those are cool guys for sure.  Heroes?

Do I lack for heroes because of deep deep seated skepticism?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks to enhancement cream there is a hero in my pants.

Anonymous said...

Next on your required reading list is "Think and Grow" the 1987 sequel to Mr. Hill's book, penned by the grouse.

Cleric Mikhailovich de Troi said...

Martina Navratilova. There's one.