Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Drivers

On the way to work I was stuck behind someone in a silver Prius (looking suspiciously like my own), who was going between 30 and 35.  I was not alone.  There were about 10 of us backed up, and I began musing on the irony of conservative Prius drivers going slowly because they think they're getting better mileage, but actually making lots of people behind them go more slowly and burn more gas.  (See also my earlier entry on Prii and road rage).  When I finally passed her on 751 a little later, I could see that she was, as I suspected, a woman of a certain age, wearing those square wraparound black shades that look like they are for true vampires.

And then I got on the Durham highway and some dude in a big-assed truck was tickling my rear end trying to get past me when I was going a respectable 63 in the passing lane.  I was over there because there are always people entering the highway from the right around there.  And I imagined what he might think of me and my silver Prius.

The moral to this story is, I think, that everybody else is always driving the wrong speed, and that is why each of us should really just have our own personal roads.

No comments: