Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Beach Ball

After Graham had a good time playing volleyball with the Girl Scouts at their spring gathering last week, Mary picked up a cheap plastic ball at the drug store yesterday so that we'd have something to play volleyball with out by the lake.  So yesterday afternoon Graham and I took the ball and a frisbee and headed out by the lake. But first, we had to take a detour to the blackberry bush where Graham and Sam had discovered some ripe berries the week before. Graham pointed out that there were some more ripe and tasty ones, and I sampled a couple, which were in fact a little sour. I drifted off over to the tetherball court where I played a little soccer tetherball, but Graham remained focused on harvesting all of the blackberries he could find, and he stood there with the ball tucked under his arm doing so.  Maybe 10 minutes later, when the bush was picked clean, he came down to where I was,  with a slowly deflating ball under his arm. Whether by the force of his arm, or by being punctured by a briar or something, the ball was now dead, which I had to point out to Graham, so deeply had he been in the berry-harvesting groove. At least he wasn't upset by the ball's demise.

1 comment:

glow basketball said...

I know, you had a great fun with beach ball. I also, want to tell you that some beach ball games, which I love to play with my family. This beach ball game is fun for all ages and is easy, to play. You need, just, one inflatable beach ball, for every, team of two players. The players try to carry the ball, across a finish line, without using their hands. The ball can be balance between their heads, pressed between their backs, while walking backwards or set between their stomachs and crab-walked to the end.